BEFORE:
DURING:
I painted her metal base black. I tore and cut pieces of muslin. Then attached and overlapped them using fabric Mod Podge. It is taking days to dry as the fabric variety of Mod Podge is super thick. I wanted the dress form to be cream colored but I don't sew or reupholster so this was what I came up with to recover the form. I added a beige ribbon around her waist and a pretty cream rose and feather corsage for her neckline.
I have a bit of touching up to do but she is close to finished.
AFTER:
She is part a a little re-do at the museum gift shop. I've moved out a desk, moved a message system, moved the back work counter and have plans to move my desk and half wall. The back counter will be painted and the store rearranged again. I painted a shelf and polished a dresser. It's all part of a bigger project but some good steps were taken this week for the greater good.
NEXT:
Crabtree & Evelyn products will be arriving to stock the empty shelves.
Stop by and see me sometime, the shelves are brimming with Easter basket stuffers, Mother's Day aprons and towels, Legos, new playmobil and some pretty groovy things at every price point.
No comments:
Post a Comment