Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Nativity Scenes Part I

I am planning to write a series of posts about our nativity scenes that we have set up in our home for Christmas.  Each one is special in its own way.
The first is a small wooden ornament that I bought in Leavenworth, Washington.  In August 1977 three high school friends and I went camping in Leavenworth.  We had graduated from high school in June and we were all leaving to attend college out of state.  My folks let me drive.  No cell phone or GPS, just a map and inexperience.  We camped at the Leavenworth KOA.  It was a special adventure.  We had a fun time.  When I unpack the small wooden ornament I remember old dear friends, being ready to leave for college, how young I was and our dear Savior's birth.
 The spun glass and gold nativity ornament was bought when Hubby and I were just married.  I got it at Mervyns in Everett.  Though very fragile it has survived almost 25 years, many, many moves and new homes.  We now live in our ninth home and pray to stay.  I wouldn't want to move all my Christmas collections!  It reminds me that  home is where Hubby and I are together, that our marriage is a blessing and of our dear Savior's birth.


1 comment:

Holly said...

I love those memories...life stories...so precious!