I have looked for the perfect large or full nativity set for years. I couldn't commit. I'd see them at Costco and wouldn't want to spend the money so close to Christmas. I researched Fontanini, I could possibly collect a piece per Christmas. But I didn't love any of these sets.
Last week Hubby and I were flying through the local thrift store on another errand when out of the corner of my eye I saw a large nativity set.
I stopped in my tracks, it wasn't priced, so I grabbed a few pieces, zipped to the counter to ask for help and ran back. To stand guard, just in case another shopper thought they were meant to have this set instead of moi.
Because, let me tell you, this one was the one! The colors were perfect in our living room. Our drapes are from Pottery Barn and honestly, Pottery Barn couldn't have come up with better colors to match.
Help was found, calls were made, a price was set.
Eighteen pieces for $10.99!
I could hardly wait to get home and set it up.
But first we had to go to Best Buy and get a TV mount so that I'd have the perfect spot for it.
In my mind a sweet, little Grandma made this set in ceramics class. She did a beautiful job of painting, choosing Pottery Barn colors(GO Grandma), embellishing with metallic gold paint and keeping any pieces from getting broken over the years. I imagine this Grandma going to ceramics with her friends on Wednesday night to paint, drink coffee and visit. It must have taken hours and hours. God bless her.
Oh, and when I plugged it in the light went on in the stable!
I am so happy I didn't settle for another set or collect some expensive pieces.
I love this beautiful nativity set to remind me of our dear Savior's birth.
2 comments:
I couldn't wait to see this find...and it IS PERFECT!
Oh my...just beautiful...
Beautiful...and only 10.99! Oh wait, the tv mount = ????? snowball! I need to get my mom's set. Think I'll have my dad give it to me for Christmas!
Post a Comment