Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wreath Restored

 The shiney brite wreath had a bad storage experience.  Hubby pulled the ornaments off the ring and each other.  It was a pile of shiney mess.  I bought a new glue gun(BiG), lots of glue sticks and I got busy.  This time I wound old tinsel garland around the foam and glued it on.  I hope it helps.
 It is back, above the mantel, its rightful place of honor, shining for another Christmas.
It makes me smile!  The season may begin.
Isn't it grand?
My guys fight over who gets this beauty when Mom croaks.
I like to think they want it to have a place of honor in their homes, however; that is not the truth.

They want to take it out back with a pellet gun for target practice.
Not nice!

2 comments:

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

I love your wreath... I have an all red one I picked up at the thrift store a couple of years ago but it's not made of fabulous vintage ornaments like yours!

And my son and husband would probably want to do away with mine too... in a similar fashion! :(

~Chris

Les Hon said...

It's beautiful!

Don't worry -- I'm sure your guys future wives won't let them take it to the shooting range.

Though the girls might just fight over it...