On our trip to Snohomish, WA Hubby and I visited a beautiful shop named the Sweet Bee. As I was making my purchase (I found a tree skirt) they were unpacking inventory. They had white, soft owls that were adorable. They were pairing them with tiny glittering crowns that a local craftswoman had made. I swooned. Since I had found my treat for the day I left them behind. Then when Hubby and I got in the car my wheels started turning and before we'd gone too far we made a stop to find white owls. We didn't have any luck in the Burlington Micheals. But you know me I could not let this go.
Last night we went to town for groceries and Hubby suggested stopping at our local Micheals. I resisted. After all, I had pushed any reasonable husband to the limit the day before. He insisted and thank goodness!
I found Martha Stewart tinsel glitter, corrugated silver paper and the OWLS! Not soft but really pretty and white and glittery. I danced to the check out.
And then I made mini crowns for owls. Why? Because I had nothing better to do. No baking, shopping, wrapping or cleaning. Hahahaha.
To attach the crowns to the owls I used Zots aka snot dots. I put it front and center on the band, where you see my finger). Then I slipped the crown over the hanger and pushed crown to the Zot.
I hung them on the tree. And then I happy danced. First of all, they are adorable and second of all they cost under $3 each, instead of $20 each.
The crown pictured below is solid Martha Stewart tinsel glitter. Please excuse the glare, that would be some serious Bling.
I think I'll name this one. The Royal Princess of Snow.
Or the Queen of Winter.
Or Lady Snowy Winter Season.
Look at those jewels! She must be the Queen Mother.
OWL stop now, but you get the idea, I am a tad excited about my owl royalty.
TIP: I saw white Owls at Grandiflora today if you want to crown some owls. And I left a few at the Bellingham Micheals.
2 comments:
I love them!!
That husband of yours is a gooder...
It's so much fun to create for Christmas!
I'm all for naming them...good job! Only you, Tami, sees an idea and runs with it til it's done (only a few hours later too!). I am envious at that ability, more than you know. When do we get to do "our" home tour?? hint...hint...
Post a Comment