You may be wondering, what is the significance of an empty landing? Well, for a few months I have been moving things around, changing things up, as it were, which resulted in a huge mess on the landing. Max had a narrow path to get to his bedroom. It was an eyesore, a hazard and it made my blood pressure peak every time I went upstairs. This week Hubby used one of his days off to create more storage space in the attic, I consolidated, purged and downsized until the landing was empty. I'm kinda proud of us.
Then we switched some beds around, mopped and waxed the upstairs, and created a comfy sitting area in Max's room. Max now has a queen sized bed, an easy chair and sofa for easy TV viewing and gaming and wants his mini fridge back in his room. The only downside is that it may be so comfy, Max may never leave home. I'm still crafting for the guest room. Oh, and some more painting to do for that room.
Last night Hubby had a board meeting and I went with a friend to the Haggen's Fall Festival of Food and Wine. Max texted me that we "got ghosted". The little lighted ghost was in a treat filled bag from our favorite little ghosts, Ethan and Evan. It's so cute to hear them giggling while hiding in the bushes, I was sorry I wasn't home. I'm loving the way the ghost changes color.
This weekend, a party, cozy time by the wood stove, lots of baking and time on the sofa. Oh, and I'm working on the guest bedroom. Have a good one!
2 comments:
Everything looks so great! You have been busy! Glad you had fun last night...sorry I was a party pooper!
On a side note...did you add nat. gas to your addition? If so, did you do it yourselves? Inquiring minds and all.
It always feels so good to get another thing crossed off the list. I'm dying to scrap - soon! Oh ya, and if you have too much of your baking left I take donations!! :)
Post a Comment