We have some projects going on at the Stone House. We are sprucing up the living room. The first step is cleaning, mopping and waxing. Hubby takes care of our floors. Isn't it shiny?
We found new furniture, which Max came to the furniture store, laid on it and pronounced it to be comfortable. After that hurdle we were closer to the new furniture than we've been in three years. Men loved our old sofa. It was amazingly comfortable but it was 15 years old, survived three moves, and three boys. There was a list of guys that wanted our old sofa a mile long. Max ended up moving it up to his bedroom. Curt wants to move in but Tyler already has moved in and has taken over the sofa.
So, in the middle of redoing the living room we had to go up to Max's room, take out the futon, clean, clean some more and move everything. When Hubby and Max went to pick up the sofa they bought Max a new bed frame, so that had to be switched out. He did have a really squeaky bed. It felt as though the entire house was torn up at that point.
Why is it that one project always leads to another?
I've found ideas for drapes, but am a little overwhelmed with all the ideas and choices and decisions.
Would it be weird to have the drapes just cover the windows and the trim, but not go to the floor?
That is the HuGe question I am facing this morning.
Of course, while I'm trying to decorate the living room I find fabric and accessories to finish the master bedroom. Well, maybe not finish... we still need crown moulding, back splash, more artwork... But I think I found fabric for the chairs
Thankfully I had a break from cleaning and decorating yesterday at Stoney Ridge Farm. Sheryl and I hadn't been there in years. Our kiddies got too old and cool to go with us. We've been at ball games for years. We wanted to get back to Stoney Ridge. It is the cutest, best punkin patch in the world. Bar none.
We mention we are going and suddenly Michelle is coming with(I'm happy cuz I feel like we need a kid to go with us) and Max is miffed that Michelle gets to go and he doesn't... It's rainy and windy, Michelle gets a better offer and we are back on our own again. We had a quick look around and ran to the shed for hot apple cider and hot cider mini donuts, enjoyed by the fire in the wood stove.
It was a perfect autumn break in the midst of a mess.
I'd like to move in at Stoney Ridge Farm. On Saturdays they make pumpkin donuts, however; I can't go back today. I have a mess here at the Stone House. I have painting projects. A guest room to finish,with a bunch of crafting involved. A living room to put together even though some pieces are still missing. A master bedroom to finish. Many, many unfinished projects.
And the perfect rainy day to stay in a get them finished.
Well, maybe not finished...
maybe just a running start.
maybe just a running start.
1 comment:
Go to the floor for some romance! I always think of your romantic home. Would love to be snowed in there with you for a week or so! We could craft away and sip hot beverages!
Post a Comment