Thursday, January 20, 2011

Texting Pro

Are you a texting Mom? I text. To keep in touch with my guys I have to text. When I first started I was a little rocky and I did not have a full key pad and that can be tricky.

One night I got a message from Sam, "mjsye adfjdjdiee&&& s88 wkfhs"
I texted back, "huh?"
That Sam I Am let me know that was what they felt like when they got my texts. Apparently I wasn't very clear and didn't make sense.

Eventually I got better and received this message back from Sam, "texting pro mom" Oh, the pride I felt!

Sam told me about his buddy in the army who got a text from his Mom one morning. Poor Sean. His Mom thought LOL meant lots of love instead of laughing out loud...
She wrote, "Sean, your dog died this morning LOL"
Ouch!

I don't like getting texts that say, "I'm deploying to Iraq next week" while I am having a girls' day in Seattle like I did last summer. Some news can wait.

Sometimes I text pictures of clothes from the mall to the classroom. You like? What size? It's handy ;)

The text I send the most, "U?", it means, where are you? I sent it several times to Max tonight. He told me he was at Levi's and then I saw on facebook that Levi was at Costco. Who could blame me for asking again. The social networks are good for one thing... tracking your kids!

Of course, any minor living at my house knows if they are caught not telling the truth, the gps tracking system that AT & T offers for $9.95/ month with be added to their phone STAT... no joke.

4 comments:

jkluginbill said...

I've been texting longer than I can remember...since I hate talking on the phone I embrace texting in all its glory!

My most often sent texts to the boy are: "k" "yep" and "be safe."

No GPS feature here...maybe it's better if I don't know (hahaha).

jkluginbill said...

Actually. Maybe I should add the GPS to Troy's phone...(light bulb moment!)

Holly said...

You had me worried...Tyler said he and Max are at Levi's...but you wrote this yesterday...

Melinda said...

The story about Sam's friend Sean was a hoot. LOL!