Monday, January 24, 2011

I Asked For It

I brought this upon myself. I can only blame myself. It's my own fault. I am taking ownership for how I feel this morning.

This is what happened... On Friday Hubby and I were both off work and had many errands in town. Our microwave started smoking on Thursday morning so we needed to get a microwave and we needed a Trader Joe's, Target and Costco run. We set off around ten in the morning and didn't get home until after four in the afternoon. Heavy duty errands for us.

While at Lowes I wanted to check out the full length mirrors. Our new bedroom has plenty of room and here's the kicker... I have not had a full length mirror since I moved out of my parent's home many moons ago.

So, I thought I wanted one.

I spotted this black framed full length mirror and wanted it bad. Hubby didn't think it would fit in the Element with the microwave and all of the groceries. He goes out to the car and measures, tells me it will be tight but I still want to try. I WANTED THAT FULL LENGTH MIRROR. We got it home. It's propped in the bedroom.
What was I thinking? My gosh, I was a fool to bring that thing home. Silly me.
I. Am. Freaked.
And I'm on a serious Eat Less, Move More.

6 comments:

Janice said...

I was just telling my hubby I wanted one! Like you - I haven't had one since the parent's house either! thanks for the warning - you are a TRUE friend!

shelly said...

Simple solution...hang it horizontal..hehe.

jkluginbill said...

Archer has one in his room. I just peek really, really fast to make sure my shoes look okay...then run out!

michele said...

Oh,,, that is funny! And reminds me... when we moved to Boardman, we no longer had a full length mirror. In fact, we had very small over the sink bathroom mirrors. I could only ever see myself, from my breasts and higher. Then one day in a dreaded dressing room I saw me, all of me. The eggnog lattes had attached themselves to my butt and belly.
Spring is just around the corner friend... long walks to be enjoyed soon!
Love your blog...

Les Hon said...

I'm not sure how this came to be, but I have the misfortune of having friendly mirrors at my house...At the stores? Not so much! It's always such a shock when I try to go shopping...the only benefit is that I definitely buy less...but it's a brutal way to economize!

Holly said...

Have you seen my bathroom?? Glass shower doors....huge vanity mirror across from said door, and double full length and extra wide closet doors...all in the same room. This is why I don't wear contacts and never clean my shower doors...just too humiliating...
I put my exercise clothes on when I got up, for inspiration. I have since read my book, read blogs, paid bills, done laundry and eaten 5 truffles...white chocolate in case you were wondering. Soon I'll have to shower, so "people" won't think I sat around all day!! (even though I did!)