Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Special Friends Day

Hubby and I aren't grandparents, but we are special friends for Caleb and Emilyn. So we were invited to attend LCS's Grandparents and Special Friends Day. What an honor! I have gone before but it was Hubby's first time.

First we went to 4B to see Caleb. He is a super artist and I may be biased but I thought his art work rocked. When we got to 4B Caleb was working very hard. He shared with us the book he made about LCS's 100th anniversary.

I went to 4th grade at LCS too, and I made this same relief map of Washington state. I told Caleb that mine was a little different because Mt. St. Helens hadn't blown yet so I didn't have a hole at the top of the mountain like he did. I didn't mention anything about the eruption being 30 years ago either. He would have thought that I am older than dirt.

Our next stop was Emilyn's first grade classroom. She explained everything including how their class takes care of the calendar and counting the days of school. She took us on a tour to the library, the gym and the playground.


It is a fun day because the kids are so proud of their work and the grandparents are so proud of the kids.

Thanks Caleb and Emilyn for the invitation! I know that if your grandparents lived closed they would have been there. We were happy to sub!

5 comments:

Katie said...

What Awesome Substitute Grandparents ;)

Holly said...

You lucky, lucky people!!!

What a fun day! And can I just say how adorable those "grandchildren" are??? Such fun!

Janice said...

We have some little people that we are "special people" to also! It is so fun - kind of gets you excited to be grandparents someday! Caleb and Emilyn are blessed to have you and Fred!

Les Hon said...

Grandparents & Special Friends Day was one of the best days of the year at school when I was working there...Lots of love flowing through the halls that day...I loved observing all the proud grandparents and friends -- and the even prouder kiddos showing them around!

Glad you got to enjoy it. Everyone should, somehow...

The Van Kirk Venture said...

It was so cute, I saw you coming from the school and never put together you were there for the smits, I am so happy you have been such a part of their lives! So wonderfull my friend!