Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Early Bird Gets the Worm

Or gets tired?

On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I get up at 5:30 a.m. for boot camp. This week Hubby has to go into work early so I am getting up with him. So, it is 5:30 a.m. every day.

I make a lunch for my guys to take with them for the day. They have no other options. Hubby may not leave work and Max may not leave school. So sack lunch it is.

Hubby takes yogurt, a banana and a diet coke and Max likes a water otherwise they have the same lunch. Homemade cookies and some packaged stuff, string cheese, fruit, fruit snacks, chips, sandwich, pretty standard stuff.

With Hubby's schedule and guys either in school or at a summer job I make someone's lunch almost 7 days a week. Someone always needs a lunch.

Do you make lunches everyday? Any new ideas?

Some mornings I get notes regarding lunches. These were no ordinary pretzels, they were TJ's peanut butter filled and chocolate covered pretzels. And there were only enough left for one guy's lunch. Now I know everyone loves these pretzels but I had to give Max the A for effort and the pretzels. Oops! I think I may have rewarded lying.

So, the early bird gets the worm and the liar gets the pretzels? Something isn't right here.

AND-

My kitchen is starting to look like LoVe WeEk. Oh, baby!

8 comments:

Les Hon said...

I rejoice daily that I no longer make lunches...It is a blessing of the empty nest, and being a farmer's wife...Randy prefers to eat lunch at odd times of the afternoon, so he has learned to nuke the leftovers. Suh-weet!!

Julie said...

Oh, I feel your pain lady!
Every morning I feel like that guy in the old donut commercials..."gotta go make the donuts"...except it's lunches. Gotta go make the lunches. PBJ for Ian, he won't eat anything else. The other kids all like ham. And Belle wants hers in a wrap, not on bread. And Luke wants 2 of everything. Add the usual: chips, rice krispy bars (we do those too), fruit roll ups, etc.
It is endless!

jkluginbill said...

No lunches here. My guys go hungry! haha! Troy can do his own thing is my thought and Archer - school lunch. I spend way less money with school lunch then buying all the things to put in a lunch (they end up eating that stuff as snacks and there is no telling Troy no...gah).

Happy Day!

Lovin' your LOVEY corner! :)

Mindy K said...

Oh lunches,
I am training my kiddos to make their own the night before. They think it is fun and that they get what they want. Tricky huh? We'll see how that pans out over the years. :)

Holly said...

I recently quit making lunches too!! Too many complaints, not enough eating and NEVER a thank you. So...I'm done. (life isn't very pleasant around here, can you tell??)

Sam said...

just think, when you are going to boot camp, i've already done PT, ate lunch, and am in class

Janice said...

I'm thankful for microwaves at school. Once a week I send Em taquitos and I make a batch of spam, cheese and cr. cheese on eng. muffins and freeze them 2 in a bag and send those.

Becky L. Beck said...

I may be the winner; if there is some great contest; like maybe winning that jar of M & M's on your counter; as I have made a sack lunch for TADA: 25 years and every single day that school was in session up to TODAY. I add baby carrots; TJ bar; nut-mix; 2 dried mangos; and always left overs to heat up in the micro @ school.Many mornings I make pasta just so He can have it for Meet Days. I will miss lunches~ :(