This promises to be a rather random post. November is almost half over and I haven't posted yet. Last November we were getting ready for two weddings and a trip. My Mom wasn't doing well and one of my guys was going through a tough time. This year November came and I felt a little blah. Not ready for Christmas busyness yet, but almost bored. I started thinking about everything that happened last fall and looking back I realized how overloaded and busy I felt. Much of it was so good! But some of it was hard and sad. I had to step back and look at what a normal November looked like for me this year.
As it turns out some reflection was good and I am ready for a grateful Thanksgiving and a Christmas season of celebrations and joy.
In October, Sheryl and I went to the Glitter and Glitz Vintage Show in Anacortes. It got me inspired for Christmas decorating.
I have been walking more again. I feel so much better when I walk regularly but it is a slippery slope and any change can cause me to stop. Anywhoo, I am back in my groove and that feels good.
November has been a busy month for substitute teaching. There haven't been any jobs for Thanksgiving week because of conferences scheduled for afternoons. I am happy to have the week off to do some holiday prep and enjoy being at home.
I had an outing on Saturday to University Village on the Lynden Christian School Polar Express. I won a trip! That was a first for me. Karen went with me on the bus trip. It was fantastic! Their swag bags rocked. We got on the bus and did some local shopping first and then went to Seattle for more shopping. Karen and I enjoyed lunch at Eureka and shopped until we dropped. Then it was back on the bus for a box dinner, more raffle prizes and fun visiting.
Yes, we miss camping. We miss packing up and taking off with Annie, our '57 Aloha and we really miss our trailer peeps. Hubby and I were off yesterday so we decided to cook dinner outside. It was cold but clear. Sam came for dinner and it was good to see our favorite veteran on Veterans Day.
We made our sauce first and then assembled a lasagna.
While it was baking in the Dutch oven we were warming up inside by the fire.
Success! It was delicious and we'll take this recipe on camping trips next summer.
Today Hubby is at work and I am at home taking care of some cleaning and projects. We are hosting a Friendsgiving on Saturday evening. The Pie Pals and their guys are coming for dinner.
I ordered Christmas bedding from Pottery Barn. Cozy. The plaid duvet cover is calling my name too.
Today I plan to put up one of the trees. I want to decorate and enjoy this season. I have an idea for a ONEandDone gift for the kids this year. I would like to try some new recipes. I want to attend some local Christmas events this year.
It's too early for some of you but not for me!
Enjoy the season as you wish!


No comments:
Post a Comment