Monday, March 20, 2017

Reading Poolside

Keeping the House has many characters but it is possible to keep them straight and to get to know each one.  Laura passed this book on to me and I took it to Las Vegas, it was a good poolside read..  Each chapter begins with some advice taken from the Good Housekeeping magazine in the 1950's.
I always enjoys stories about houses and this one didn't disappoint.

The Woman in Cabin Ten is a suspense story.  I wouldn't read it on a cruise! It's hard to put down, much like Gone Girl or The Girl on the Train.  It reminded me of the Safari promo cruise I took with my sister, Kathi. I pictured the ship to be similar, including the staff areas.
 My Mrs. Brown is a story of a woman with a dream to own a Oscar de la Renta dress. It seems so unlikely that Mrs. Brown would want a designer dress or that she could ever afford one but the last chapter explains everything.  It's a beautiful story of determination and love.
I'll remember this book for a long time.
The Boy is Back is written using emails and texts.  This makes for an easy read while traveling.
It's light reading with a good story.  Meg Cabot wrote the Princess Diaries and so she ranks pretty high with me.  I love that movie.
I need a stack of books for Maui, so any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

1 comment:

michele said...

I loved The Secret Keeper by Beverly Lewis and I don't know if you like Mary Higgins Clark mysteries, but one of my favorites is A Cry In The Night. My next read will be one of your recommendations!