Friday, March 17, 2017

Las Vegas Wedding and Family Fun

Last week Hubby and I went to Las Vegas for his nephew's wedding.  It wasn't a destination wedding because Hubby's sister and her family live in Las Vegas.  The ceremony was at a beautiful location and the reception was at a beautiful park.
Cherie brought her grand girls to the wedding.  We had a lot of fun with them.
Hubby and his Mom ready for the wedding.
 Bonnie and Dennis had everyone to their house the night before the wedding.  It was a great time to visit with everyone.
Daniel and Athena got married on the 7th anniversary of their first date.
A very cute and happy couple!
I found someone to take a picture of all of the Rylaarsdam women and forgot the newest family member, the bride! Ugh!
 That evening a lot of us went to Fremont Street.  The lights are fantastic but the crowds made this introvert a little tense.
 Hubby and I had fun with Destiny and Brooklyn in Vegas.  We teased Brooklyn because she arrived in Vegas wearing her snow boots.  She hadn't flown before and just didn't realize how quickly the climate can change. There was a lot of laughing and the girls were good sports hanging out with the Aunts.
 On our way back to our condo Hubby decided to drive back along the strip.  Marie and Alida (pretty sure I have spelled her name incorrectly, she is an exchange student visiting from Turkey) rode with us.  Hubby pointed out the pawn shop from the show, Pawn Stars. Oh my! Alida was so excited.  It turns out that she watches the show in Turkey with her Dad and never dreamt that she would be so close to the shop.  Hubby made a U-turn and we did a photo shoot. She was giddy!
 The next morning Hubby and I took the shuttle to see the conservatory at the Bellagio.  The Spring exhibit had opened the day before and we had not been inside of the Bellagio before so we had this planned.
 The flowers were gorgeous but I was obsessed with the tile floor.  If you've ever done any tiling you know this floor is art.
 The new exhibit is a Japanese Spring Garden and the conservatory has 120 gardeners keeping everything fresh.
 The lobby has a beautiful display of Dale Chihuly's glass.  I love his work and since I met him last summer I feel a special connection.
 We thought the fountains only were at night but they are during the day too.
 A highlight for Hubby was meeting his hero, Sponge Bob. Seriously excited!
We spent the afternoon by the pool with the girls and then returned our rental car and went for dinner.
Hubby wanted to go to a Brazilian Steakhouse. He had a dream, so I researched and made reservations at Texas de Brazil. It was delicious and fun. 
We flew home Monday morning.  We had a great trip and had some fun family time.
Congratulations Daniel and Athena!

No comments: