Friday, August 12, 2016

Curtis Wright Tear Down

Hubby and I needed a little help getting the top piece of metal off the Curtis Wright so we had a BBQ.  Hey, while you're here, would you mind giving us a hand?  Sneaky, but effective and our guests did enjoy grilled burgers, Caesar salad, grilled corn salad and cold beer.
 The top is riveted and we wanted to keep it that way.  It's a big piece, not heavy, just unwieldy.
It came off and got moved without any kinks and that was our goal.
 Now what? Well, we did move it off the front yard.  Storing it is a challenge.  This is one of those times where we once again put the cart before the horse.  We'd like to tear down our garage and build a new shop but now that the Curtis Wright is here and started, we really need to finish it in order to have the space to tear down the garage and build the shop. Ugh. There will be some space challenges with this project.
 We didn't see this coming but when the top metal was pulled off the ceiling fell in to the living room.  No cabinets to hold it up.  Well, that's not good.
 The metal is off.  The tar paper and insulation are removed and bagged.  We are moving forward,  however; last night I had a little melt down.  I just want the old walls off and the new floor built so that we are moving forward.  Forward in a visual way.  It's not all lollipops and roses when Hubby and I do a major project.  Sometimes one of us gets discouraged and last night was my turn.  Vintage trailer rebuilds are messy, overwhelming projects and some times they get the best of me.

Earlier in the week I had my first upholstery lesson.  Next week I'll be working with my teacher on a project for the CW.  It may help my attitude to see some pretty.

Buck up lil camper!

No comments: