Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Accountability

 I am still organizing.  By now you must be thinking that I must have really had a mess for it to go into February. 'Tis true, it's a mess.  I am making a dent though.  The Christmas decorations have been taken down in the guest room, even packed away in the attic. The Christmas cards have been taken down, punched, ringed, and labeled.  I have a few years where I made them into a book but this was more efficient.  Do you save your cards? Forever? To what purpose? Do you get them out and look at them often? I'm curious, let me know your thoughts.
The piles on the dining table are diminishing.  I had book work for Dad's estate, and yesterday I resolved to work my way through paperwork, notes and taxes.  Which I did. A trip to the bank, the post office were my only breaks.
The landing is a semi organized mess instead of just a mess.  It's almost to the point of setting up a table and doing some crafting with my bits and bobs.  I need to make a decision about having a yard sale this summer.  They are a lot of work but the day of the sale is fun.  It is nice to just bring it away and be finished too.  What do you do?
I have been meaning to put the recipe for Heidi's Chicken and the Rice Casserole on the blog for quite some time and though I got closer this weekend I have since had a phone/photo malfunction so that will have to wait.  I made this dessert twice in the past few days.  Once for Sam's birthday and once for Hubby's potluck at work.  I have been in the kitchen.

For some crazy reason I feel accountable to my readers for my 2016 goals.  Honestly, I should have never shared the goals because now I cannot cram junk back into the attic.  It's a tad weird and scary at the same time.
My, don't you have the power?

Don't get too excited because I am sure that the ol' I don't give a rip Tami will soon be back.  In the meantime these posts are positively riveting  boring.

Until then...

3 comments:

Holly said...

If it makes you feel any better, although I've read your goals, I've already forgotten them!!! As far as I know you've achieved every single one!!!

I keep meaning to do my Christmas cards too...just need to do it!

Still undecided on the g-sale here too. Maybe just a "friend" sale?!

Enjoy the day!!

Janice said...

You're just keeping it real - that's refreshing! Someday .....I WILL have you ladies for a craftin day - been way too long. Even if we don't craft - we will laugh (how's that for a rhyme ?)

Cc said...

I usually keep my yearly Christmas cards. This year I decided to sort through and donate some of the extra stuff I don't put out anymore since I have 22+ totes full! Well...I was going to throw out the stack of old cards or cut the fronts off and give them to my daughter to take to the kids she teaches to use for crafting. I decided on the latter and boy was I glad!! As I was cutting them up I found not one but 2 gift cards for the movies! What a score! Like Christmas morning again and they weren't expired!