Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Take a Deep Breath

There is always good that comes out of the bad and last week was no exception.  I lost my Dad but I got to spend time with my guys.  I was blessed by friends and family, kind words, thoughtful cards, delicious meals and beautiful flowers.  There were tears but also so much laughter as we celebrated Dad and our memories.
 It was good to just be with my guys and their girls.  It was good to be with my Mom and family for planning and dinners.  It was good to be with my Dad's brothers and sister.  It was good to see so many at Dad's service. Thank you so much.
Last December, we had made reservations in Seattle for this past weekend.  We had tickets to go to the Winter Beer Fest at Hanger 30 in Magnuson Park with Mark and Karen.  Hubby and I were thinking it wouldn't happen, that we wouldn't be able to leave my folks; however, it actually worked to go and for us to take Danny. Hubby took him to the airport early on Saturday morning.
We did some Christmas shopping, walked in the rain and enjoyed the window displays, and we watched the Seahawks soundly beat the Minnesota Vikings.  It's a perfect storm when I can watch the Hawks win, enjoy brunch and walk over to Crate and Barrel during half time.  A win win for sure.
I am continuing to decorate for Christmas.  The living room and kitchen are getting Christmas light this year, some things will be different.  Christmas will be different without my Dad.  Danny won't be coming back for Christmas this year.  It's Christmastime, my favorite time of year, and I think there will still be blessings.  
God is good.
*Later, I will share the eulogy from Dad's service.  People have asked, it's coming...

2 comments:

Les Hon said...

Such sweetness in the midst of a big and sad change... I appreciate your outlook.

There is great peace in a the ending of a life well-lived, with the hope we have in Jesus. So glad you are feeling that.

Unknown said...

Always amazes me how God blesses us in times of sadness and loss. He knows our grief and covers us with His love. It gives Him joy when we trust in Him to bring us peace and comfort in our loss. May He continue to give you and your family more of these amazing moments.