Jeff and Kathi hosted Mother's Day brunch this year. Kathi set a beautiful table for the moms in her gazebo. It was so pretty!
The napkins were tea towels that we got to bring home.
Cheers! Jeff kept busy refilling our mimosas and bringing us coffee and dessert.
For dessert Kathi honored past mothers. She baked our Grandma Dora's Chocolate Oatmeal Bars recipe and our Grandma Clara's Butter Cookie recipe. I baked Rhubarb Bars because I finally had enough rhubarb to actually bake something with it this year. A first!
My rhubarb patch isn't super but there was enough for a batch of rhubarb bars.
I love the smell, the color, the taste of rhubarb.
Rhubarb Bars
Crust:
1 cup flour
5 T. powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter
Mix the flour, powdered sugar and soft butter; press it into a 9 X 13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Filling:
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups chopped rhubarb
Beat the eggs, flour, vanilla, salt and sugar; stir in the rhubarb. It's thick! Carefully spoon it and spread it over the baked crust. Bake for 35- 40 at 350 degrees.
Make a frosting with powdered sugar, butter and cream and vanilla. I use butter and bit of cream cheese. For Mother's Day I used two drops of red food coloring to tint the frosting a pale pink. Frost the bars and serve.
I had a lovely day on Sunday. Hubby left me a gorgeous bouquet to find when I woke up. I heard from all of my guys and my daughter-in law and that is what this Mama loves.
2 comments:
What a wonderful way to spend Mother's Day! The table setting was so pretty. I'd send you some rhubarb if I could!
-Jenn
oh my lands. My eyes are 3 inches from my screen trying to see every detail. What a beautiful spot for a Mother's Day brunch!! Did she stamp or stencil on the tea towels?
Post a Comment