Hubby, myself and our friends, Mark and Karen had a wonderful trip to Palm Springs and area over Spring vacation. Our first two days we spent time in actual Palm Springs. The Palm Springs airport serves Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Indio, La Quinta, Rancho Mirage, Coachella, etc. It feels like one big city that goes on and on but the background color of the street signs change and so you know you are in another city. I am using the word city loosely here as they feel more like towns.
Anywoo, we wanted to visit old Palm Springs, like the Rat Pack did years ago. Palm Springs does have a vintage feel to it. We stayed at Alcazar Hotel. It's a small hotel and two restaurants with the same owner. Our room was comfortable and pretty. Everything was white except for one orange pillow on the bed. We had a poolside room.
Alcazar has small courtyards, pretty paths and sitting areas throughout the property.
We ate dinner as small plates downtown. We came home for dessert at Birba, one of the restaurants on the property. It was fantastic! I relived it, talked about it and thought about it throughout our trip. I ordered the Tarte au Creme with Berries and a flute of Prosecco. Oh my, it was scrumptious!
Karen and I hope to recreate the recipe.
I loved the wall water feature and Hubby thinks he can build one for me at home.
The next morning we had breakfast at Cheeky's, also on the property. Sign in early because there is a line. Hubby and I shared a flight of bacon. What's not to love about THAT?
The night before our wait person had recommended the pancakes at Cheeky's. She told us they had fresh corn in the pancakes and though it may seem strange, it would be good. I took her advice and ordered them with fresh blueberries. The grapefruit juice was fresh squeezed when ordered.
My breakfast was crazy good.
We enjoyed our stay at Alcazar. Everyone by the pool was pleasant and the the music was great.
They had bikes for us to ride but we ran out of time. Max flew in and we moved to Indio.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment