Thursday, April 23, 2015

I'm Busy, Kinda

 I'm busy okay?  Since vacay in the desert I have been a little busy.  And possibly a little bit lazy too.  The first week home I was of course, slammed at work.  I needed to fill eight volunteer shifts, get caught up on daily stuff and the new inventory just keeps on arriving.  At home the house needed a Spring cleaning, the yard needed weeding, the '57 Aloha needs to get finished and I was reading some books that I hadn't gotten to on vacay.  Whaaat?  Yes, I have been reading when I should have been bustling around and posting on the blog.

So finally, a very random post because some days random is better than nothing.

I am walking and walking and keeping score with my fitbit.  I am still using fitness pal to count calories but really, how in the world does one add up the calories in a Philly cheese steak sammie topped with mac and cheese and bacon and served with a an IPA?
Eat less, move more is a full time job for moi and my oh my, life has gotten in the way.
I am trying though... until someone wants to go out for dinner.  Then, not so much.
The '57 Aloha is being worked on by Hubby.  A lot of progress on the dinette and the bed area has happened.  The hinges and other cabinet hardware is ready to be installed.  Who knew polishing, cleaning and obsessing over cabinet hardware could take over our lives?
The weather has been so great this spring and most folks in our area have done a lot of yard work. 
 I had not.  I just wasn't feeling it.  Last weekend I jumped in with both feet, a hoe, a rake, a pressure washer and some new potting soil.  Y'all will be happy to know that the patio is party ready and the window boxes are ready for plants.  Whether they are ignored or tended the weeds continue to grow and it's been a tough lesson for me this Spring.
Now, you understand why I haven't blogged much lately...
DAILY LIFE!  And really, who wants to read about cleaning, chores, yard work and failed diets?
No one.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Yes - life gets in the way of calorie counting!! was doing great until dinner at D'annas last night - Italian and calorie counting -that's just crazy!! Hard to kick into reality after a week in the desert - I hear ya! AND I might just walk down the street to see if your patio really is party ready (since we're in the neighborhood now!) but I'll wait until it warms back up :)