Brrrr...baby it's cold outside! I have new flannel pj's though so I should be fine. Vintage trailers and flamingos on flannel? Yes, please. I can only lounge in them, sleeping in them would be a hot flash nightmare waiting to happen.
I'm obsessed with finding new snow boots this year. I really want white with some fur. I'm thinking about the ones pictured below but I'm not sure there is enough fur. I have leather boots but I do need some new snow boots. My last pair was a gift that I received from my husband when we lived on E Street. Our house on E Street was a 2 bedroom with three small boys. Hubby came home and told me he'd spent money that day on some thing for me and he knew I'd say we couldn't afford it but he loved me and thought I should have it. Of course, I thought I was getting flowers. No go, it was snow boots from Cenex Farm Store. They really were the best gift, I'm so happy he surprised me with boots instead of roses. Bill and Fred's Excellent Construction bought boots for their bookkeepers.
Jodi, do you still have your boots?
I haven't started Christmas decorating however; I am digging around in the attic and finding some treasures to do a bit of Christmas crafting. I'm also working on making some gifts this year. The glue gun is loaded. Hmmm, I wonder if I need a background check for a glue gun with Washington State's new gun laws going into effect in December. Cuz it's a weapon and smokin' hot over here.
I hope to take the ornament box and create a shadow box. I love the piles and boxes of Christmas bits and bobs. Wouldn't it be great to just place piles all over the house and call it good?
Who does THIS? Who checks out Homemade Decadence by Joy the Baker and The 21-Day Belly Fix from their library at the same time? Sigh. It's not going so good over here. I've only had time to flip through both of them, not really a lot of time to read right now. Or bake. Or diet.
I did make a pumpkin coffee cake late week. It wasn't in either book. T'was delish!
Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- COFFEE CAKE:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease and flour 9-inch round cake pan.
FOR STREUSEL TOPPING:
COMBINE flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly; stir in nuts.
FOR COFFEECAKE:
COMBINE flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
SPOON half of batter into prepared cake pan. Sprinkle 3/4 cup Streusel Topping over batter. Spoon remaining batter evenly over Streusel Topping; sprinkle with remaining Streusel Topping.
BAKE for 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
FOR STREUSEL TOPPING:
COMBINE flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly; stir in nuts.
FOR COFFEECAKE:
COMBINE flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
SPOON half of batter into prepared cake pan. Sprinkle 3/4 cup Streusel Topping over batter. Spoon remaining batter evenly over Streusel Topping; sprinkle with remaining Streusel Topping.
BAKE for 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
*I am not promoting or getting paid, just passing along a tasty recipe from the Libby and Nestle website. I don't get paid to write this blog. Now or ever. Amen.
I am fine. I did warn you this would be random. So stop thinking that Tami's lost her mind. I'm all here.
Now I am going to empty my house of all decor to prep for Christmas decorating.
There may be a tree or two going up this weekend. HAH!
Stay cozy!

1 comment:
I like those boots!! I think Sorrel has some nice ones...you'll pay, but they'll last!
It's always good to have pumpkin in the house! Thinking of roasting some of my leftovers (in my spare time, ha ha)!!
Loving your posts...I read them all, but I lack sufficient time for comments...so sorry :(
Post a Comment