Thursday, November 6, 2014

Cozy Up

It's Fall Y'all and I do love this season.  There is something so wonderful about all of the colorful leaves, the Fall light, and the  spicypumpkin of a pumpkin latte or a pumpkin scone.
We like to cozy up at our house.  We get as close to hibernation as a family of bears.  The wood is stacked and ready.  We lit a fire for the first time on Sunday.  The weather has been so mild that this is the latest in our history of the Stone House to get toasty with the wood stove.
 The flannel sheets are on the beds.  I have new flannel pjs with vintage trailers and flamingos on them.
Pretty much a flannel board in the bedroom...
 The summer flowers are on the compost heap.  There are a few mums and cabbages planted for winter interest.
I made a pumpkin roll.  That is one messy job.  So worth it though.
It's all good but I just can't help myself, I am thinking about Christmas and I want to start decorating.  Badly.
I know, I know.  Slow down, enjoy the moment... but it's hard.  Really, really hard.
Maybe I'll just start upstairs...

1 comment:

michele said...

Oh, your Christmas decorations look so lovely!! A pumpkin roll, yum! I love a sneak peek into what you are up to.