Saturday, July 19, 2014

Everyday Living

It's been a busy year for Hubby and I, with home tour, funerals, a wedding.  We are purposefully taking some time to relax.  Granted it's not an everyday accomplishment but we are trying to step back a bit.
Some days I'm an overachiever in the relaxing department, laying on my patio bed with ice cream after Hubby chases down the Sugar Shack, our local ice cream truck.  Works for me.
We are not entirely idle though...  Well, Hubby isn't idle.
 The metal got stripped off of the '57 Aloha.
 I am so anxious to decorate our little trailer that I sometimes add pizazz to photos of the Aloha in its current state.  Bunting helps!
 On Thursday afternoon Hubby sent me a text while I was at work, "don't be too shocked when you get home."  Okay then.  At that point I  couldn't decide if I was anxious to get home or if I should just stay away.  I guess we have gone as far backwards as possible.  The good news is that now we get to move forward.
 I asked Hubby if this meant that the Aloha wouldn't be ready for us to take to church camp this weekend. Hah!
Next year, we really hope to be ready to go.  Optimistically, we think it can happen.
Hubby got a text from friends that they needed to take their motor home for spin since it had just been in the shop.  Destination was Wander Brewery.  I had made crock pot of mac and cheese for dinner so we grabbed it and jumped in with them.  Felt like the Beverly Hillbillies heading out for an adventure.
 After a lovely evening we walked back to the Midas and noticed a belt hanging under the motor.  Well, that's not good.  The guys pulled it off, drove it home and will fix it next week.  It was a good thing that we had a trial trip before they head over the pass.
 I picked up Shelly and Karen on Friday morning to go to an estate sale in Skagit County.  On our travels we saw the sweetest little blueberry farm.  The chair cushions and bunting were oil cloth, so sweet.
Obviously, I thought it was sweet.  How many times can I use the word sweet...
 We ended up at Tweets in Edison for hibiscus infused iced tea and pastries after the sale.
 We had show and tell.  I'm not sharing what they bought because they may be doing the ol'  Oh hon, I've had that forEvah...
After I got home I cleaned up my treasures and then hit the couch for a long nap.  After all, we are trying to relax here at the Stone House.  Hubby and I had a wonderful evening on the patio last night.  It's cooler and it felt good.
 In between the fun and the naps I am going through the upstairs closets and dressers.  And starting to think about cleaning the attic.  The thought of cleaning the attic makes me want and need a nap.  
Maybe I wait until next year...  No overachiever here.

2 comments:

Janice said...

Hey - you blogged! That's an accomplishment and certainly deserves a nap!!

Teresa Kasner said...

Hi there, I clicked on your link on Red Gate Farm.. nice to meet you! I am a blogger who lives in the Columbia River Gorge, Oregon. Feel free to visit my blog if you'd like. I'll be back to visit yours!
((hugs)), Teresa :-)