Monday, June 16, 2014

Berry Delicious

It's strawberry season in Lynden, a magical two weeks in June.  The very best berries are the Hood variety and they are at their peak this week.  Hubby wants fresh berries everyday during their short season.  I can do that.
 Fresh strawberry margaritas on the patio, yes please!
 Strawberries on Grandma Dykstra's waffles.  Yes please!
Fresh strawberry pie?  Yes, please!  There is no photo, sometimes desserts get shared with friends and go too fast for a photo.  Trust me, it was delicious!  I use my raspberry pie recipe with fresh strawberries and substitute the 2 T. raspberry jello for strawberry jello.

I love the berries sliced with an Activia vanilla yogurt for lunch.  And I still need to make a Strawberry Pizza.
Oh, and the shortbread biscuits from the Lynden Dutch Bakery, got to have those with berries and whipped cream.  June is Dairy Month, and we celebrate with lots of whipped cream on our berries.

How about our Christmas favorite, Snow Salad with fresh strawberries?  Yum!

What is your favorite strawberry recipe?

1 comment:

Les Hon said...

Is that ice cream on your strawberry waffle?

I'm an ice cream on strawberry waffle evangelist...Hope you tried it and liked it!