We've pretty much known each other our whole lives, having met in the church nursery, at our Mom's coffee dates or on the playground in first grade. After I finished college and began teaching we started a new tradition. Sheryl, Shelly, Doreen and I have been having a night out with a cocktail at one of our homes, dinner and a gift exchange. No snow, blizzard, cold, flu, kids or husband have ever stood in our way.
One year I made them albums for Christmas. Doreen brought her album to dinner this year as we were celebrating 30 years of our tradition.
I particularly like the pic below as I appear to be the skinny chick, never mind that Sheryl was due with Kristen in a month.
It is fun to see the hair style changes and the fashion changes through the years.
In 1992 I'm pregnant in plaid and in 1993 I'm recovering with a Christmas sweater that today would get some mileage as an ugly Christmas sweater.
We took our kids on summer adventures including to Camano Island, Birch Bay and the Mt. Baker Wine Stomp (who remembers that event?).
This year the party started at Shelly's house. Obviously, she's an over achiever. Yum!
Thank goodness I gave Sheryl a bracelet this year because she obviously needed one.
I am so blessed by these women and our friendships. Cheers! Here's to many more...
Lastly, WOOT! I don't have to drive for the next three years!
1 comment:
What a wonderful tradition and what a blessing to have not only one, but three fabulous friends that have stood the test of time. Either that or you all have too much info on each other to ever be separated!!
Post a Comment