Sunday, September 30, 2012

This Week

I've been packing for my sista's trip to Pennsylvania and New York City.  I'm down to 5 pairs of shoes and two raincoats.  Remember I have a slight obsession with raincoats!   I know what I'm wearing to the Broadway Show .  I have a sweet new briefcase/tote on wheels for my carry on.  This means I'm taking my laptop so I'll be blogging, as time permits.  So, you're pretty much coming with me.

Hubby and I have been trimming, pruning, raking, though it may not look like it.  It seems like there is a lot of yard work to be done.  My geraniums look good because I'm not watering them anymore.  They bloom with stress and look pretty on their way out.  We've started to take the patio down for the year.

The guys are busy and well.  Danny is in his last semester at Grand Valley University.  It is ArtPrize in Grand Rapids so he is busy at Bistro Bella Vita too.  Sam has a friend visiting from Washington this weekend.  They  were going zip lining yesterday.  It will be fun to hear about that adventure.  Max had his first week at Walla Walla Community College.  He and his roommate, Thomas have a nice place and are settling in there.  Kassie drove over yesterday to visit.

The museum gift shop has lots of new inventory.  I've been busy gearing up for Christmas.  And making a lot of plans for our annual open house, the evening of October 11th.  I have many demonstrators in costume for that evening. It's the night that the museum really comes to life.

September was beautiful this year, warm, sunny days and cool evenings.  The leaves are turning and the Fall light has been gorgeous.  We have our firewood stacked, our furnace filters changed and the flannel sheets on our bed.  I've got some new soup recipes.  Fall is here and I love it.

2 comments:

berrymama said...

So, So Fun!!! Can't wait to hear all the details!!!! What a fun time of the year to go! Enjoy the trip!
(I am just a wee bit envious...)
NYC Here they come!!!

Les Hon said...

OH my!! I get to come along? Thanks for carrying your laptop along, and when it gets heavy, just remember that are people back home are hanging on every word. Have a marvelous Sistas Adventure!!!