Friday, August 3, 2012

Ultimate Pretzel Crusted Peanut Butter Cookie Candy Brownie Bars

Sometimes I see a recipe on Pinterest and it consumes my thoughts.  This cookiebarcandy did consume me, I just had to bake them.  This is not diet food.  This is a decadent treat, folks.
I baked them to bring to the family reunion.
One of the first years at the reunion I heard the AUNTS ask, "who made these bars?"  I looked over and realized they were eating the jeans bars I'd brought.  Should I claim them or slink outside?
I decided to claim them and asked if something was wrong with the bars.
"uhm, no, but next year bring a double batch!"
I feel as though the aunts expect something big from me and this year I went with...
Ultimate Pretzel Crusted Peanut Butter Cookie Candy Bar Brownies
 2 1/2 c. crushed butter pretzels
1 cup melted butter
5 T. sugar
Crush the pretzels, not to dust but leave some chunks and then mix with the sugar and melted butter.

 Pat the crust into a 9 x 13 pan that you've sprayed with Pam.
 Mix up one peanut butter cookie mix according to the instructions on the package and then pat it on top of the crust.  Obviously, mine isn't perfect.  I pat with slightly wet finger tips so it doesn't pull up the crust.
 Then unwrap 24 Reese's snack size peanut butter cups and set them on top of the cookie dough. 
They fit perfectly!
 Then mix up a batch of brownies from a mix, following the instructions on the package.
Pour/spread the brownie batter over the top of the candy bars.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.  Cool.
 Then realize that you have made a big ol' mess in your kitchen.  Shed a few tears.  Buck up princess, because the reward in in the oven.
 I cut out a little taste this morning because I would not want to bring something bad to the family reunion.
Oh, why yes, they're good.  I just feel like they need chocolate frosting though, so I'm going to go ahead and frost them.  Because... well, you know me, I can't just bake a recipe and leave it alone.  There is always room for improvement and frosting!
I baked another treat too and I'll share that recipe when we get home.
I'm busy packing and gathering today.  I can't wait to see Max and of course, everyone else!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh. My. These look amazing. How can you go wrong with these ingredients?!?

Holly said...

I would like you to figure the caloric content for one ounce of these please! Diabetic coma waiting to happen...but what a way to go!!! I love it that you think it needs frosting!!! My kind of thinking!
Enjoy the reunion! Tell Max "hi"!