Monday, August 6, 2012

Family Reunion

Hubby and I and Kassie drove to George, Washington on Friday night for the annual family reunion and of course, to visit Max.  Hubby's dad's family has a reunion every year at his parent's farm.  This year I counted 65 people over the weekend.  Everyone pitches in and helps but I'd like to give a shout out to my parents-in-law who host every year.  Court grills the burgers and hot dogs for Friday evening and the tri-tip beef, the ribs and the chicken for Saturday evening.  
And Esther has a full house, a trailer park and tent city on her lawn.
Court is the oldest of seven children and six of them were there this year along with their kids and grandkids.
Wyatt was the youngest in attendance, but on Saturday evening Travis and Michelle had a new baby girl, Kara.  I'm sure we'll see her next year.
Max was working but most of the other kids that were at the reunion are on this picture.  It's all about the kids!  Everyone does a great job of making sure the kids have fun.
 There are some fierce pool and foosball games in the basement.
 Bottle rockets are assembled all weekend and shot on Sunday.  It involves a compressor and water and creative rockets.
 The littles have their own swimming pool located by tent city.  This year there were a lot of Olympic events with announcers.  The older kids go to the canal to swim.
The pinata gets broken on Saturday evening, with the youngest getting the first swing. 
The bounce house gets a lot of use and burns up some energy.
There are crafts too, I just didn't get any pictures of the craft tables.  Probably because I was at the craft table crafting and visiting with Nery, Kate, Mia, Kassie, Brooke and Bella.
There are volleyball games.
A big quilt with mega blocks in the shade for some quiet play.
There is a lot of eating, getting caught up with everyone and lots of laughs too.
I post more later...  A recipe, some close ups, where we stayed, and some pictures from a photo walk.

2 comments:

Holly said...

What fun! You all know how to do it up right!!! I love family reunions...I'd love them more if there were activities like that, especially the craft table!!!
Just think, next year you can take your own little trailer!!

Kelly said...

Wow...looks awesome. Can I come next year? :)