Labor Day weekend is traditionally a laboring holiday for us. We try to begin the clean up of summer fun and get our ducks in a row for fall.
This year is no exception. I still have Danny's bedroom/the guest room dismantled, our exterior trim still needs to be painted, there are weeds in the gardens that now have leaves falling on them, the kitchen faucet is under construction, the laundry is in back to school mode(unlike the laundress), one more cord of firewood needs to be ordered and I have ironing.
The September ironing that plagues me every year. Summer clothes that no one will wear until next year but it can't sit in the laundry room for a year. There's just not enough room.
A busy, duty filled weekend ahead of us. But I can live with that, just as long as I get a few more evenings on the patio. The evenings with the lights, the company and the heaters. I am so not ready to give up that bit of summer. The reward after a day's work, a bit of heaven, if you will.
Whether you are playing or working this Labor Day weekend, enjoy the last of summer!
1 comment:
You know it's not against the law to put clean summer laundry away un-ironed!!! Trust me! Working VERY little this weekend - just boating and relaxing on our patio too! Scrappin' time here we come!
Post a Comment