Company coming for dinner means dessert. Except Blake isn't really company, he's like one of our guys.
Hubby and I had picked blackberries and Hubby loves this dessert recipe. Except he calls it, that really good stuff your sister, Kathi made at Desert Canyon.
I'm sharing this recipe which I was making while distracted by sweet Lily. That's the reason for the lack of quality pictures taken while baking. This recipe is so easy that I think you can make it without step by step pictures showing you the way.
And really, can you blame me? I had an adorable baby to love on.
Black and Blue Dessert
6-7 cups blackberries and blueberries- I used mostly blackberries
Sugar and flour- like a pie. I used 2/3 c. sugar and 1/4 flour.
The original recipe doesn't call for cinnamon but I sprinkled it lightly over the berries.
1 yellow cake mix
1 cube of butter
Mix the cake mix and butter to make crumbs. Put it on the berries. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
*I thought of adding almonds and a splash of almond flavoring to the crumb mixture to late but I think that might be tasty too.
Black and Blue Dessert with a dab of vanilla ice cream is a nice change from the protein shake I usually have for breakfast...
1 comment:
Hello-FRUIT (dessert) and MILK (Ice cream) are definitely a breakfast meal!! ;)
Post a Comment