Thursday, February 10, 2011

Love Week Begins

This morning I whipped up a batch of scones to bring to the museum. Docents and volunteers need Love Week treats too. I use Fisher scone mix because Fisher does scones best.
I used two sizes of heart cookie cutters. I bake them on my stone.
I found the raspberry curd and raspberry sugar at the Seattle Gift Show. While I've always been a fan of lemon curd I hadn't had raspberry curd until now.
The curd was buttery, yummy, smooth and full of flavor. It's definitely not a local product, coming from England and all...
The sugar is local and full of flavor.
I brushed them with butter and and then
I sprinkled the raspberry sugar on the scones before baking.
Ready to share for morning coffee time. Max had a sneaky taste test and the scones reminded him of pop tarts. He loves pop tarts, so that was a positive review.

4 comments:

Les Hon said...

Thanks for the lovely treat!! DELISH!! And so raspberry ;) I appreciate that!

And I MUST get my hands on that raspberry curd...

Gaye said...

Beautiful! This looked so good I had to look up a recipe for raspberry curd. It looks easy and yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Janice said...

How adorable is that?!?! Cute idea! I Love lemon curd. The raspberry stuff sounds amazing! Happy LOVE week my friend!

Melanie said...

I don't think I've ever had raspberry curd but it looks wonderful on those heart shaped scones! You always have great ideas! I like your date night with the kids to bed early idea! Must try that soon! We have a 9 and 11 year old. Melanie from http://www.countrycottageliving.com