Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Slow it Down

Max's friend, Tyler needed to come for dinner last night. His parents are out of town. He was starving. When Tyler came after school, we made mac and cheese because he needed a mini meal before the game.

On the way out the door, Shelly called, they were letting the heifers out. We like to go and watch the girls come out of the barn after a long Winter inside, they get pretty excited. I told her I would get back to her, we had a game to go to.

We headed out to Bender Fields to enjoy a good butt kickin' and the Bender breeze...

On the way to soccer we stopped at Sole Obsession and asked Kelly and family to come for dinner. A last minute invitation, so don't expect much. I had beefed up the dinner plans since Tyler was starving, then Sam told me he would be gone. I had baked cookies for dessert, made my low cal veggie dip, and a fruit salad after work. Went to the game, got beat badly.



Flew home and got ready for guests. Basically, we threw junk into closets, made BBQ burgers etc. It was fun to have dinner with Robb and Kelly's family, polite kiddos. They have three kids and a student from Korea, a busy family time. They left to get kids in bed on time.

Tyler decided to spend the night, Hubby and Max went out to his place to get his things. I cleaned up the kitchen and got ready for morning boot camp. A little ritual I have.

I'm on the phone with my Mom when I got another call. It was one of Hubby's coworkers, Scott, his wife Ashley was in labor and he was wondering if we could have Charlie overnight. Yes, and hurry!
Picture is of Hubby asking Charlie what the shock collar is used for... we didn't use it. Charlie is a good dog. It's hard for a pup to be dropped off at bedtime, no familiarization time. And so many guys at our place. Scary.


After we got in bed, Hubby got back up and moved Charlie into our room (we could hear him crying). I think he was crying because Hubby told him that his life was forever changed. His people love him but Charlie is moving into second place. There will be a new kid in town.

Probably wasn't a good idea to throw out that info right before bedtime. Poor pup.

So, dinner guests and a few overnight guests later ... I realize we missed the heifers. Awwww, phooey.


Edited to add:
Baby girl Aurora was born around 1:a.m. Only three hours at the hospital. Good job Mama! Baby and Mom are well, Daddy Scott is happy and proud.

4 comments:

Janice said...

I'm sure Tyler was grateful for the food, and I think that Fred should be turned in to Pet Protection Society for mental harrassment!!

Jodi said...

Fred you are a softy!-next time we go out of town our little Charlie is coming your way!
Tami-you can't do it all!

Cynthia said...

Um, hello...? Is there a baby?

Holly said...

That poor Tyler, parents leaving, only his sister at home. Good thing he can call "mama Tami"!!!!
Thank you so much for having him, and I hope he didn't impose too much!!! We had lots of fun, but nice to be home too. Thanks again!