Saturday, April 4, 2009

Attic to Basement

When I was in the second grade my parents moved into the house that they still live in today. So many everyday things, holidays, birthday celebrations, growing up all in the same house. This summer they are going to put the house on the market and move to town. I am so thankful that I grew up in the house and home that I did. It's hard to see them make plans to move but it's time.

Today my sisters and my brother and our spouses showed up to clean out the basement. There was a trailer for the garbage dump, a truck for the thrift store and other vehicles so that we could take our stuff home. We have all used my parent's basement as a storage facility for a long, long time.

Today we were evicted.

I thought since you enjoyed my attic so much, you might enjoy the basement too. Quite possibly my readers delight in my mess?
Grandpa and Hana both wore their vintage 'Bill & Fred's Excellent Construction' jackets. Aren't they cute?

My sis, Kathi with her bike, 'Purple Power'! She picked strawberries one summer and made enough cash to purchase Purple Power, a gorgeous Schwinn bicycle from the Lynden Bike Shop. She paid $54 of her hard earned cash. The matching basket is missing but otherwise she is in pretty good shape. Kathi too.
You've heard of eight track tapes. How about four track? Definitely before my time.
Next week more trash and treasures! Wait until you see what Hubby and I brought home.

4 comments:

Mindy K said...

Wow, Bitter Sweet I bet. 4 tracks is a new one to me, I remember my parents reel to reel, but not the 4tracks.
I hope we can make it to Easter, I guess we better really relish in the last "HUNT" on Easter. There are so many great hiding places!
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love the vintage jackets!

Charlotte said...

But did you have any hats stored over at the house?? are the folks a bit sad about moving after such a long time or are they looking forward to it....

Janice said...

What a beautiful day to be together and work! I bet there was lots of laughter and memories being stirred up - how fun!!