Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Weather You Like It or Not

What a difference a week can make...


Here at the Stone House, our crawl space is flooding, this is where our new furnace and hot water tank are stationed. We tried bailing, now we are looking for a pump. The ground is so saturated with the floods that the water is coming up out of the ground. Not so fun, yet very minor compared to so many others.
Someday, when it's funny, I'll write about this morning, my drive to Starbucks and how I almost floated away on Main Street. Still not funny yet.

This is funny:
*Quote for the day from museum docent, Ben Boxum, "Weather. Everyone talks about it and no one does anything about it."

We need to keep our sense of humor.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Love the quote!! Hope you guys avoid any damage too severe!! As long as you can still get to Starbucks......

jkluginbill said...

Crazy! It is such a change...when I could SEE that my lawn is actually green I was shocked!

Glad you got to Starbucks that is VERY important. You know I am serious about that too!

Excellent quote by Ben. Gotta love Wednesday morning philosophers!

Julie said...

I'm so sorry...I saw that water the other day as I took the kids to school. And I wondered if you'd ever had it on your lawn. eeks.