Friday, January 2, 2009

R E L A X


Many bloggers are setting goals, vowing to take a photo 365 days in the new year, choosing a word to focus on in the year 2009. Making resolutions and lists!

Um, me, not so much. After Christmas, after driving to George, after Danny's visit, after all the parties and dinners, working, more fun than anyone should have, I am doing nothing! No goals, no projects, nothing. And it is pure bliss.

I'm sleeping, (until after ten this morning!), I'm eating (I'll pay later), watching movies (I've watched more movies in 2009 than all of 2008), reading (author Marcia Willett, a Rosmunde Pilcher wannabe), lounging (I am surprisingly good at it!), and making soup (3 pots, after all I still have to feed the guys).

It feels good! I don't even have a 2009 calendar. I am in the land of Denial and doing quite well, thank you! It's time for tea, again. Later.

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

I'm with you....I slept until after 11:00 today after flying home from Jersey late last night on a flight that almost didn't take off...mechanical problems, who cared if it crashed I was just too pooped to care...I think I'll go have a cup of tea.....and what did you think of Mama Mia....I thought it was horrible, who thought Meryl Streep could sing..

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! If I haven't told you lately -I love reading your blog! We had nice, relaxing time at Ocean Shores - but it's back to reality tomorrow. I can't talk or think about it right now but I know it's coming. I'll just be playing with puppy and watching the Hallmark movie tonight. Enjoyed seeing Dan, I'am glad he made it back safely.

Julie said...

We will suck you over to the dark side, you know.
(whispering...Project 365...) :)
In the mean time, enjoy your bliss. I'm jealous.

Becky L. Beck said...

Hi Tami,
I have to tell you that I LOVE your New Years resolution. I am joining you in the same. Making weight loss goals are over rated.. just makes for cranky miserable people, more exercise? Well again, too much of a good thing can go sour fast~ So keep on doing what you are doing and we know you will be the happiest person of all. Maybe you will get generous in your cooking and share with your neighbors down the Benson :) ps: I couldn't STAND Mama Mia... ug.

jkluginbill said...

Nice. I picked my word...it is a doozy! haha!

Your new year sounds surprisingly like mine! Movies. Tea. No nothing! :)

I happened to like Mama Mia...however I was constantly comparing it to the live version I saw in Vegas which was spectacular...so I don't know if I liked the movie or was superimposing memory.