Last weekend we met friends in Seattle. The idea was to meet in December and celebrate the holidays. Our schedule was a little much in December and our friends offered to wait for us. We made reservations at the Mayflower Park Hotel for the last weekend in January. We see our vintage trailer friends in the summer at rallies and while camping. We miss them in the winter, it was great to see everyone and get caught up.
We had a good time at Flatstick Pub playing mini golf, jenga and air hockey. Flatstick Pub offers a ton of games and Washington only craft beer.
We had fun at Pike Street Market. Yes, it was windy!
Jean made dinner reservations at Assaggio Restaurant for Saturday evening and we all loved her choice. Their pasta is like butter, it melts in your mouth.
It was a good visit and it makes me anxious for summertime rallies and camping.
We did some shopping in Seattle besides Nordstroms and Old Navy. Hubby and I bought another vintage trailer. It happens! Jeremy and Rene' had just bought a Boles Aero. We were frustrated with the Avion and I really wanted out of that project. We just wanted a project that needed lipstick. The Avion had some structural problems and I was not feeling it. Jeremy and I kept chatting about the Boles Aero through out the weekend. On Saturday morning he got a call from someone in Lynden that they were ready to come to a deal on a '62 Aloha. He was picking it up on Wednesday. I told him, hey, you're coming to Lynden anyway, if you drop the delivery fee, I want the Boles Aero. Hubby agreed with the caveat that I had to get the Avion off our driveway before the Boles Aero arrived. Rene' agreed because she was getting her dream Aloha. I put an ad for the Avion on Craigslist Saturday night. It was gone on Monday! It's perfect for who bought it and for what he wants to use it as. We got an easier project with the same floor plan as the Avion, which was it's best feature.
We can use the flooring, furniture, light fixtures, decor and design that we had for the Avion in the Boles Aero. It got here on Wednesday and last night Hubby and I finally did a walk through together. Last week was crazy, I subbed everyday, had a cold, had an allergic reaction to Flonase (now known as Satan's nasal spray) and then got a stomach bug on Saturday. Long story short, we are so happy and so excited to put the lipstick on the Boles Aero. She is named Ava Jean because I love the name and I didn't sell the name just the Avion.
Today Hubby and I have the day off and we plan to clean Ava Jean and then begin our lipstick project. I haven't taken pictures yet but I'll share some soon.
Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together.
- Elizabeth Taylor
1 comment:
Awesome! I am craving a Seattle weekend—- and your new trailer sounds like a fun project!
Post a Comment