Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Maui 2017

Hubby and I go to Hawaii with our friends, Mark and Karen once every three years.
This year it was Maui.  We go to the beach. Everyday, it is a beach day.
We visit different beaches to change it up.

 We find good food.  We are always looking for the best Mai Tai, the best coconut dessert and the best food truck.  Oh, and the best music.  We found the best food trucks, music and beer at the Maui Brewing Company.  Kimos, in Lahaina is a tradition too.
 At the beach, every day, all day. Like a job!
The best Mai Tai was at Monkey Pod, a Peter Merriman restaurant. 
The coconut cream pie at the Monkey Pod was disappointing.  Sorry Chef Merriman, my coconut cream pie is heaps better.
I don't have a picture of the pina colanda cake at Tommy Bahama's restaurant but I can vouch for it.  It was full of favor, moist and creamy.
 Surprise! Another beach day.  We do go for walks and we spend a lot of time in the ocean bobbing and body surfing.
 While on the beach, we read and always go through a pile of books.
 Some days we sit by the pool and read after we come up from the beach.  This was our last afternoon before our red eye flight.
 If you see a theme of beach, delicious cocktails and food and  relaxing, you'd be correct.
 I usually take a lot of pictures of the flowers in Hawaii but I was *sick this trip and I didn't take as many pictures.  A flower garnishing a cocktail was an easy shot.
We had a wonderful vacation and we are counting down the days until we can go back.

Aloha!

*I had a disgusting cold that ended with all sorts of complications.
I slept most of yesterday and have antibiotics so this can only get better.

1 comment:

Les Hon said...

Oh no!! I'm so sorry that you were sick. :( Although a beach is a nice place to be when you are not feeling well, it's still better to feel well!

Hope your complications end quickly.