On the last night of the 2017 storm it snowed, like crazy before turning into a freezing rain. Sam spent the night at our place and we made a run to Overflow Taps. When you live in town you can do things that the county folks cannot.
Thursday morning it was an icy winter wonderland at our place. I thought we'd lose power but we did not. Always a good thing. Of course, I took my morning photo walk.
The '47 Curtis Wright vintage trailer project is on hold until better weather.
Hubby was home and went out to do some shoveling. I decided to help.
We'd get the bridge clear and then the plow would come through and we'd have to do it again.
Two guys with a digger and a dump truck came and scooped out the snow in the ditch. This is to prevent flooding. Thank you!
The lamp post ice kept changing while we were outside. Ice is dangerous but magical too.
Sheets of ice came crashing off the roof last night. We had a doozy of a nor'easter this year and Hubby and I were fortunate because we had no big damage. Lynden was declared a State of Emergency. Aside from the snow weight damaging shrubs, bushes and trees, we are good. Nothing that some new landscaping can't fix.
And today! Today I am getting out! I'm going with the gals that are the Pie Pals. We have a field trip planned to a hardware store 60 miles away to do some jewelry shopping.
You read that right. Go big or go home.
No comments:
Post a Comment