Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Good, Beautiful, Bad and Best

THE GOOD:
In a very official drawing on the dining room table I chose a cook book winner.
Adie S. is the winner!  I'll get it to you, Adie.  Congratulations!
I wish I could give everyone a copy but that's not possible.
THE BEAUTIFUL:
 On Saturday I got to go wedding dress shopping with Kassie.  She intended to just look and get an idea of what was available.  So many choices.
 In between shops we had brunch and a mimosa.
 Kassie's Mom, Grandma and sisters came with her too.  Her Grandma Catalina was so cute.  She kept whispering to me, I can get her a sweater.  The Spanish word for a crinoline is very pretty, I wish I could pronounce it like Catalina.  She told me that she always tells Max that he is so tall and handsome.
I told her, well stop it.  We don't need that guy getting all full of himself.

Kassie found a gorgeous dress and it seemed that everyone in the shop was holding their breath until she said YES.  There was cheering and applause throughout the shop.  I don't think Kassie realized how beautiful she looked and that all eyes were on her.  The mamas cried.
THE BAD:
 I cannot stand this Northeast stinkin' wind any more!  I love cold and I love snow but the wind! Ugh!
I hate those 50 mph gusts!

THE BEST:
So I am counting the days until my sunny trips start.  First Palm Springs and then Maui this Spring.
I know I am spoiled.  Poolside. Poolside. Poolside is my favorite word.
Going to the beach, going to the beach, going to the beach is my favorite sentence.
Aloha, stay warm, my friends!
If your power goes out I do have wood heat so come on over.

2 comments:

michele said...

How did I miss this drawing! Yay for Adie being the winner! ----Poolside sounds nice!!

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

I'll bet she looked beautiful! So nice you have two vacations to look forward to. -Jenn