Welcome to The Stone House at Christmastime. I've been blogging for almost ten years, and most of my peeps that had blogs quit posting. Not me, I just keep rambling on and on. I've added some new blogs to my sidebar and today I am joining in with the young, clever, pretty moms that blog for a Holiday Home Tour. Show and Tell Tuesday on Momfessionals.
Come on in and take a look.
In 2012 I did a Nativity Series on the blog and you can read about it here.
I love this set and it is big. Some sweet lady named Alice made it in a ceramics class in 1983. She signed the camel. I couldn't be happier with her color choices as they match the living room perfectly.
The living room mantle hosts my Eddie Bauer snow globe collection. I wrote about it in 2010.
There are a few vintage ornaments on our main tree. I should have counted and then we could have had a fun contest. There is a new to me vintage angel tree topper and her face is darling.
A nativity, ornaments and lights are on the dining room table. I arrange this in a tray so I can pick it up and change the tablecloth easily.
I've seen so many Christmas tree forests and I put one together this year in the dining room. It's not as easy as it looks. I am still not convinced that my forest doesn't look a little goofy.
Last year I did a huge Christmas decor purge and sort. It seems I had a few tree toppers in the attic.
They are on the mantle in the dining room. Really Shelly, I had no idea. I've always hung the stockings there but the reality is I don't have stockings for the guys' gals yet and we use shopping bags.
I did a few different things in the kitchen this year and moved my vintage blow molds and Santas out of the laundry room,
This corner is cheery with some colored lights.
I have my Christmas music ready in the kitchen.
The sitting room is a cozy spot for tea in the afternoon or a cocktail in the evening.
The tree spins and the light spins and the record player spins. Too many cocktails are not a good idea or everything will spin.
I love the snowmen on our liquor cabinet.
In the master bedroom we enjoy a woodland tree and the deer I made one year.
My guys, about 20 years ago on a ornament that Jodi made for me.
I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint on the deer, glittered their antlers and tied on some burlap scarves.
The remote for the lights, on my nightstand is the best! So dreamy. Santa has been busy sorting the stocking stuffers so please, excuse all of the bags under the tree.
A cozy reading spot in our bedroom. I used a pretty tray as a coaster for two this year.
This little gold and silver tree is in the master bathroom. I build most of my vignettes on trays so I can clean under them and keep snow and bits rounded up.
I'm cleaning upstairs today, changing all the sheets and doing some decorating for Christmas.
Getting ready for family to gather. Here is a previous post on the guest room.
Some things I do the same every year and some things I change up a bit. Hubby takes care of our outdoor lights and he is working on something very clever for the fig tree this year. We are taking our vintage trailer for trip soon and Huakai' Annie is going to be decorated for Christmas. So check back next week because there is more Christmas coming up at The Stone House.
Today, I need to sit down and make a list cuz it all feels a little disorganized here and Christmas is coming!
3 comments:
How fun and festive. Love the tree in your bedroom with all the earthy and glittery tones
Love your stone house! Happy Holidays!
Love your home! It's so festive!
Post a Comment