Spring has sprung and it is sunny and warm. It's so great. On the heels of spring comes summer. Summer means swimsuits, shorts, sleeveless tops and a diet. Or as I like to call it, eatlessmovemore.
A few summers ago some friends and I did the 17 Day Diet. Over and over, 17 days, 17 more days and then another 17 days. Yes, we lost weight. Did we have a fun summer? No, no one has fun eating chicken breasts and salads for every meal. It was known as the summer of chicken by our guys, no one liked that diet. Wine on the patio, nope, not allowed.
That said, we did lose weight, so I got my book off the shelf a few weeks ago. Paged through it and put it back. A friend mentioned this morning that she went on the 17 Day Diet for a half a day this past week. Bah hahaha, yep, that's enough.
I checked out Lose the Clutter, Lose the Weight from our local library a few weeks ago. Doesn't it sound fantastic, thin and organized! In six weeks, no less! Yeah, that is a lot of balls in the air, and if I was really good at juggling I'd run away and join the circus. Dieting and purging closets, ain't nobody got time for that.
Diets are a full time job. If you don't take it on as a full time position you will end up getting fired.
Fired by a diet.
Now I have the Body Clock Diet checked out from the library. I've skimmed through it.
You have to ask yourself, what do all of these books advise? EAT LESS, MOVE MORE.
That is the secret to losing weight. I've known that for years.
I have been walking, and walking some more. It's good for me, good time to think things through, pray, see my little town, enjoy all of the blooming trees, blah, blah, blah.
I've got the MOVE MORE down.
Over 12,000 steps before 8:30 a.m. this morning. Go me!
It's the EAT LESS that kills me. The struggle is real. Food is fun, drinks are fun and I am a fun kinda gal. I also like to feed the pain (my SIL, the social worker diagnosed me, thanks Laura!). My Dad got sick and then died and I was sad so I plopped on the sofa with a big bowl of Chex Party Mix and a glass of wine. Hello! What else could I do?
Last night Hubby and I went to pick up our new washer and dryer because it was in the store but couldn't be delivered until April 13th. We pulled out the old, brought them to be recycled and waited for them to roll out the new set. Turns out the distribution center sent two dryers and no washer.
So, we went to Kulshan for a beer and a burger. Fed the pain!
Undid three days of hard core calorie counting.
It was fun and tasty.
We are going on a cruise in May. Nothing motivates this chick more on an eatlessmovemore than a pending vacation. If I don't drop several pounds before May 16th my clothes won't fit for the trip. It's how I roll.
Jodi sent me this meme. Yep, that is pretty much how it goes for moi.
Honestly, at what point do do women just say phooey, I am pleasingly plump and I don't care?
I am buying bigger clothes than my fat jeans. Again.
I'm not there yet.
But I'm not having much fun either.
You?
If you know the secret besides eatlessmovemore, do tell.
The world wants to know how to have fun and BE on a diet simultaneously.
Do tell.
I'm on the edge of my seat my scale.


2 comments:
I find it kind of funny that I'm in the same mode as you. Since hitting the magical age of 49 and all that comes with it, I find myself at an all time high (and I am also an emotional eater). I also spend a lot of time just thinking about food. I guess you could say it's an addiction. The things that worked for me in the past were weight watchers and eating clean with frequent small meals. But it's never easy. However, it is usually worth it. Good luck, Jenn
Hooray for this post!!!
I feel your pain, Dear. But with me, it's the old "bugga-boooo" of "lose weight for your health." -sigh- That's even less about to be forgotten about, than the "I want to be able to look at myself in a full length mirror" reason. Health??? How can anyone not want to do it, for health?
But, guess what? It doesn't make it any easier!!!! -pout-
Yup, eat less and move more! Although I actually think, the most important, is the eat less. No way, at 79, I can walk enough, to take off weight! Hahhhhhhh.... Hahhh... Hahhhh... >,-)
Food tastes good, and we have to eat, to live.
Wine tastes good and we need it, to smile.
What are we to do?????? -grin-
Gracious, I'd never be able to go on a cruise. All that food! Even if I starved some pounds off, before, they'd have to roll me off the boat, after.
Gentle hugs,
Tessa
Post a Comment