Happy Thanksgiving dear family and friends! So many blessings.
This Thanksgiving I have some really BiG shoes to fill. I grew up going to my grandparents' homes and later to my folks and to my parents in law for Thanksgiving dinner.
This year Hubby and I are hosting dinner. I have two turkeys thawed, groceries in the cupboard, borrowed chairs and tables and I have my Grandma Dykstra's wheat dishes. When I got her dishes there weren't enough left for a large extended family. Through the years I have found a piece here and there at estate sales, yards sales and thrift stores. These dishes were meant for a Thanksgiving table. Since I have collected 20-24 place settings I have enough. I think Grandma got them through a grocery store or an oatmeal promotion. I have good memories of helping my Aunt Clarice set the table with the wheat dishes at the farm on Wiser Lake Road for Sunday dinner and holidays. My Grandma always served a small glass of tomato juice as an aperitif. Swanky!
I plan to use my Grandma's dishes, my Mom's recipes, and help from Hubby and my sisters. My Dad is pretty determined to join us. We are praying for him to have a good day so that it's possible for him to have Thanksgiving with his family. I am very thankful for my Dad's determination, his sense of humor and his wisdom. I have been so blessed by my Dad and I hope I can be a blessing for him. Not messing up the turkey would be a good place to start!
Enjoy your Thanksgiving my friends- I need to get cooking!
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
I Chronicles 16:34
2 comments:
Blessings as you host the gang! Pray for Rich often - praying he will have a good day!
Praying your dad has a wonderful day! Praying your time as a family is blessed!!!
Post a Comment