Friday, March 27, 2015

Random is Better Than Nothing

It is going to be a very random post this morning.  

Our sweet, Hawley is slowing down.  He is still very smart though.  When we let Hawley out of the kennel in the morning he skips and jumps around and then when we call him to go back into the kennel poor old Hawley moves like the 95 year old gent that he is, s l o w.  He's an old dog with a lot of old tricks.  And isn't he distinguished with his gray?
 I'm trying to clear the bathroom vanity counter of cold relief products.  I put them back in the medicine cabinet and then some come back out.  It's a long, slow recovery.
Move over, nasal spray!  I need room on the vanity for sunscreen and nail polish. Spring break, sunshine and fun are coming my way.  One of my favorite words in the English language,  poolside,  will be overused by moi.  Poolside, say it with me.  The definition of  poolside  includes sun, fun, swimming, lounging, reading, visiting, a g & t, and best of all the warmth of the sun.  I love that word, so much!
 In the meantime, it has been pretty nice here in the Pacific Northwest.  Everything is blooming and growing and there is a lot of green.  Of course, there is rain too.  I have to stop on my morning walks for flower photos.  Who could resist these cherry blossoms?
 My parent's magnolia tree is gorgeous this year.  My folks have put their home on the market and will be moving to town.  It's bittersweet, for sure.  They bought their house when I was in the first grade.  It had been vacant for nine years and was a fixer upper.  It was built in 1895 and they are the second owners.  When families get to this house it becomes a home for many years. 
 I have so many wonderful memories here.  I know their move to town will be hard for our family but it will be nice for them to have less yard work and maintenance.
I feel so blessed to have grown up in this house and been able to return to it so many times for family dinners and holidays.  My folks are the definition of hospitality.  Please pray that they have peace with their decision and a smooth move.
I have funerals to attend in the next several days, a vintage show to attend and some packing to take care of to get myself  poolside.  Enjoy your weekend and make the moments count!

No comments: