This will be a random post today. Stay with me, I need to get caught up.
The Aloha update, the metal is off the front, back and top. The flooring has arrived, the mattress we ordered has arrived, a decision on the stove has been made, the birch has been researched. Hubby is starting to have fun and is anxious to move ahead.
Last week Hubby and I went to visit his parents. Hubby's Dad has cancer and his chemo treatments were stopped. It seems as though the cancer is speeding faster through his system than we could have ever imagined. Hospice is coming in to help, and Court's condition changes daily. It's a difficult time for our family. Hubby is going back this week to see his Dad and help his Mom.
It's a pretty drive to George, Washington and it did give Hubby and I time to visit.
My favorite day of the week is Thursday because it's Therapy Thursday with Leslie and Marjean at the museum. They are the best therapists a girl could ask for, and I always walk away from Thursdays feeling better, feeling enlightened and inspired. Last week we went for lunch at Keenan's at the Pier. The wisteria was in bloom, we sat outside under the blossoms. So fragrant! The view was beautiful, the heaters were on to take off the chill, the lunch was delicious and the company was great.
Hubby and Max had birthdays last week. I love these guys! Usually they each get a birthday post but I am having trouble keeping up right now so this is it. Hubby celebrated in George, WA. Sam, Angela and Reagan took us to Kulshan for dinner on Thursday night to celebrate.
Speaking of celebrating, Max turned 21 so yeah, I'm sure there was some celebrating going on... Don't want to know.
Hubby likes to have Reagan come over on his days off. She is a lot of fun for everyone but Hawley. She's annoying for Hawley. Really annoying. And sassy.
I am working on a project for Sam and Angela's wedding. Danny has his airline tickets for the wedding so that is nice. I have a dress to wear so that is nice and it zips so that is nice. It will be here before we know it. I need 1 and 2 gallon size containers and tarnished silver cream and sugar sets and mercury glass. Hunting and gathering!
Sam's unit has been posting pictures on face book lately and I've been saving them. They are in the field and in some of the photos it's hard to recognize Sam because of all of the gear.
Some of the photos are of his promotion and some are of him giving a promotion.
Happy Memorial Day! I'm giving thanks for my soldier and thinking of all of those Moms that have lost their soldiers today. Thank you for your service today and always.
I did say this post would be random...











1 comment:
Wonderfully random! So glad to see this blog again...
I feel the same way as you do about Therapy Thursdays...I'm not sure how I'd be doing without them!
Thanks! And also for the blog inspiration, as usual...
Post a Comment