Oh Hawaii, I love you. I love the moment when I walk off the plane and feel the sunshine and smell that wonderful scent of the islands. It's a mix of salt water, tropical blooms, suntan lotion and good food. I can't really describe it but I do wish I could bottle it and bring it home. We flew Hawaiian Airline so we felt as though our trip began early.
We stayed on Maui this trip so our first stop was to pick up our rental car, and then on to the Royal Lahaina Resort (be sure to click on the link for a peek and some Hawaiian sounds) for a two night stay in the Lahaina Kaanapali area.
We settled in with a beach side mai tai, watching whales and a sunset.
Our second night we went into Lahaina to have dinner at Kimo's Restaurant. The evening was wonderful except for the trip there on the bus. Trouble in paradise, up close, too close for comfort and it was unsettling. We ended up going straight to Kimo's instead of walking around Lahaina. Once we were seated at the best table in the place we forgot our troublesome journey to Lahaina. Kinda.
Kimo's mai tai was refreshing, their sword fish was delicious and their Hula Pie was yummy. They make the original Hula Pie and they still pretty much own it.
The Royal Lahaina Resort is very pretty. A beach, some pools, a pretty wedding spot, shuffle board for the old guys. It was good. Their restaurants were very good. Our rooms were in the Garden Cottages, they were okay but I think I would prefer the tower next time. The cottages are up next for a make over.
After checking out of the resort we drove to t.c. fleming beach in front of the Ritz Carlton property. We scored some rock star parking and enjoyed their gorgeous beach for the day.
Next stop is Kihei.
No comments:
Post a Comment