Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Quickly

 I've been super busy at the museum.  Daily new inventory for the gift shop arrives.  Today I have 15+boxes of Lego to unpack.  It's starting to feel a lot like Christmas in the shop.
Last week was the annual Lynden Pioneer Museum Open House.  I had so many great actors for the shops throughout the museum.  It's the best night of the year at the museum because everything seems to come to life.  And my docents bring homemade cookies!
 Chris sent me her recipe for French Onion Soup Spread.  I made it for dinner guests on Saturday evening.  Oh my, good stuff, my friends!
 Let those onions cook for a long time...
 Though I am not decorating our home for Fall this year I couldn't resist walking around our yard and bringing in a few branches of pretty leaves.  Isn't Fall gorgeous this year?
 Sunday evening we went to Dan and Brenna's wedding.  Apparently my ankle wasn't healed enough for the shoes I chose to wear.  Shelly calls them valet shoes because you can only walk in and out in heels this high.  
 As you may know I judge a wedding by the cake.  Winner, winner, chicken dinner!  You may have all the bells and whistles at your wedding but if there's no cake or dry cake, I leave disappointed.
One cake is hidden in the photo, there were four beauties at this wedding.  We had a nice time with family and Hubby and I loved the faith based ceremony.  Best Wishes to the happy couple.  Your cakes rocked!
I seem to be on the fly all of the time lately.  Probably because I am on the fly, and the faster I go the "behinder" I get.  The blog has suffered.  Bear with me... this too shall pass.

1 comment:

Nan VanKlaveren said...

Love the cakes! What are the little ones....whoopie cakes? Look great!