Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

Our vacation, staycation, workcation is over.  Hubby and I had a wonderful time finishing projects, starting projects and perfecting projects, not necessarily in that order.  Hawley enjoyed his time having both of us around all day and he supervised between naps.
 Since we purchased three boxes of peaches in Thorp I needed to freeze peaches.  Every.  Day.  I peel, slice and chop, layer on a parchment covered cookie sheet and freeze.  Once the peaches are frozen they get broken up and stored in gallon zip bags for breakfast smoothies and pie.
 I baked peach pies.  We shared peach pies.  We ate peach pies.
 We went to garage sales out in the county and saw some interesting garden art.
 I painted and sanded many "smalls" and one large project.
 Hubby put up some missing trim in the bathroom.  It's been missing since we moved in twelve years ago.
 Hubby installed new flooring and hung new doors in the bathroom.
 Hubby sanded, stained and then applied many coats of urethane to our front door.  He originally built it and it  had weathered over the years.  Now it's all shiny again.
Hubby mowed, pruned and then pruned some more.
I cleaned out closets.
I painted some more.
Hubby cut the ivy back within an inch of its life.

We were relieved to go back to work this week.  Summer vacations can be exhausting.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Everything looks fabulous! Glad you got so many things done...can you relax a little now? Or is the pressure building?
I have a little something for you...could we get together for a bit next week? After you recover, of course!

Shelly said...

Wow! The front door looks beautiful ;-) I can't imagine what it feels like to be able to cross so many "to-do's" off the list! lol

Les Hon said...

Oh my!! How satisfying to accomplish so much!

And tiring...You better sit down and visit with us at work today! ;)