Anonymous said...
Your blog has been declining since my absence. People are asking....get motivated.
Dear Anonymous,
I have been motivated and busy during your absence. You see, I have spent the last 20+ year being a Mom, parenting three boys. Now that chapter is over and a new one has begun. It's different, I miss my guys coming home, dining and dashing to be with friends, leaving piles of dirty laundry and taking all the hot water in the shower. I miss it badly.
We raised our sons to want to work hard, succeed in life and to have goals so our little birdies have flown the coop. As they should. Now things have changed here at the Stone House. Hubby and I are refeathering the nest. And in anticipation of this event I made plans for July. After a very busy June I decided that July would be about me and your Dad. I would take time to do some things that I love and I would relax and regroup and have some fun with my husband.
This is what I have be doing since you left...
I helped give a bridal shower.
Hubby and I went to Semiahmoo Beach with friends to walk, check out the resort and spend some time on the beach and have dinner for the 4th of July.
I have been gardening.
I have been sipping tea.
I have been painting my nails.
Since summer finally showed up I have been spending some time on the patio, reading.
Hubby and I are hanging out on the patio in the evenings.
Of course, I keep fairly busy with my job at the museum, taking care of the house, making meals and re-habing my knee. My knee is at the top of the July list, right up there with relaxing.
I haven't forgotten my guys. I'm praying for all of you boys everyday. I'm busy looking for tickets to go to MI to visit Danny and Jess, I'm planning meals and dinners with family and friends for Sam's visit. He arrives on Tuesday from Fort Bragg, NC and we are very excited to spend some time with Sam.
And I am doing some shopping, going to garage sales and gathering things for Max's apartment in
Walla Walla. I have found quite a stash of goodies.
All of which keeps me busy.
So, dear concerned Anonymous, don't worry about me being motivated.
I am just fine. Really fine, actually.
I am just doing whatever I want to whenever I want to for the month of July.
And it may or may not include blogging every day.
Love,
Your Mother
P.S. I miss you, kiddo!
5 comments:
I LOVE reading what you write, Tami!!!! Your response to "anonymous" was wonderful! :) Your ideas are wonderful too! :) Have a great day!
Love this! I do think it surprises our kids that we might be able to have a life that doesn't have them at the center...They just don't realize that we did do that before...and it doesn't take too long to become accustomed to it once again. ;)
Have a fabulous July...and so on...
This is so great!! First, that Max actually reads your blog and notices what you do with your time! and second, your sweet response!!!
I can vouch for your business part...I always feel the need to nap after I hear what you've been doing, as I'm exhausted just thinking about it!
Enjoy this wonderful sunshine, your good books and your sweet hubby...put in order as you please!
Dinner soon?
You seem to be under the impression that I'm your son Max. I'm not. Now don't you feel silly
oh max, you crack me up...
see you soon kiddo!
luv,
mum
Post a Comment