Monday, March 12, 2012

Parenting Can Be Rewarding

I've had my eye on a new raincoat at the Gap for this Spring.  The color is pomegranate juice.  I love raincoats.  I'm not sure it's because I live in the Pacific NorthWET but I like the lightweight feel of a raincoat and they make me feel prepared.  A pretty raincoat is a sign that winter is on its way out.
This raincoat met a lot of criteria, it was a pretty color, a good length, single breasted and belted.  Retail $98.

I wanted it.  I wanted it bad. I was determined but patient that it would be mine.

For many years I have been buying jean for guys at the Gap.  Earning reward points and then using them for more jeans for guys.  It was a vicious cycle of jeans, jeans and more jeans.  Guys, guys and more guys.
On Friday it was all about Mom, I had hoarded my rewards.  I had saved my special 40% off coupon for myself.  So when she rung up my new pink raincoat on Friday and it came to $8.80,  I was pretty happy.  
The gals at the Gap were so happy for me too.

Now, I'm kinda wishing for rain.

4 comments:

Les Hon said...

Pure sweetness! So glad YOU got to enjoy the reward...and I think that you don't need to worry about rain.

Hannah said...

Love the coat. Love the color. I noticed it at church yesterday-looks great on you too! What a deal!

Melinda said...

It's so great when you get something really good for really cheap! You should be able to wear it often around here.

Janice said...

Way to work it girlfriend - now wearing that beautiful coat will feel even MORE delightful!! Ahhhhhhh!