Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13 Reminds You of Childhood


My Grandma's dishes remind me of Sunday dinners at the farm when I was growing up. The wheat dishes were taken out for dinners in the dining room, I don't remember what dishes we used if we ate in the kitchen. It took Grandma a long time to get her dishes. I think they came in the oatmeal. For Thanksgiving we had a juice glass of tomato juice as an appetizer. It just about killed Uncle Ted, but I loved tomato juice then and still do now.

I have my Grandma's dishes, and even though there wasn't a complete set, I kept collecting them. Now I have twenty dinner plates. So Hubby and I, our three guys, and someday their wives and their four kids each will be able to sit down to Thanksgiving dinner and use the wheat dishes. I love to think about that... almost as much as I love to think about helping Grandma set the table.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Aw....you have such great memories of Grandma. Thanks for sharing.

Holly said...

Only you would have dishes as your childhood memory!!! Not toys, dishes!!!
They are pretty!!! And grandmas are special!!